Monday, November 26, 2012

Finding a More "Grateful" Heart

Devotionals are such a blessing to me.  Too many times it's easy to overlook the good things and focus on the bad.  As a new year approaches I wanted to really focus on things about myself I wanted to change, things that were not only imperative to my health and well being, but also the things that would effect those around me that I walk with on a daily basis.  One thing I know I've written about before here is my yearning to be always thankful for the little things.  That need has not changed. I feel I've gotten better.  I don't catch myself wanting things I see as often as I used to.  I do however, feel that I'm still letting myself get sucked into the negativity around me at times. 
Reality tells me that will never completely go away.  Perfection is not mine as a human being.  It is something I work on daily though.  Being positive, and doing my best to spread that positivity to others. 

My mother has been a source of encouragement for this need.  She shares devotonals from a book called "Jesus Calling" on her Facebook page daily.  This is what today's devotional said:

JESUS CALLING by Sarah Young
THIS IS THE DAY THAT I HAVE MADE! As you rejoice in this day of life, it will yield up to you precious gifts and beneficial training. Walk with Me along the high road of thanksgiving, and you will find all the delights I have made ready for you.
To protect your thankfulness, you must remember that you reside in a fallen world, where blessings and sorrows intermingle ...

Psalm 118:24; Psalm 116:17


When I read things like that, there is always an instant tugging in my heart to be "better". 
I think that because Christmas is soon, it's also a big reminder to me of the value we place in material things. 
What value does any of it have though, if it's not making us better people?
So today my heart says "Be Gateful in all things". I might also add that our sermon this weekend wasn't far from this same lesson.  Jesus is calling friends.


"Jesus calling" is written by Sarah Young and is also available as a downloadable App for your smart phone:  http://thejesuscallingapp.com/


 
 
 
                                                          Much Love to you All ! XoXo



No comments:

Post a Comment