Monday, January 7, 2013

Setting up a Store on Storenvy

I hope Monday is treating you well friends.  Now that things are settling down a little I decided it would be a good time for some new ventures.  The first one was the Vlog that I participated in last week with Hayley.   It was a new experience for me, and I really enjoyed it. 
Next I decided I needed to get rid of some clutter around the house, which means time to sale things we don't use or need.
I really didn't feel like investing in listing fees for things that had small price points so I wanted a place that I could create free listings on.  Hayley had a shop on a site called Storenvy so I decided to check it out.  It took me several days to get things set up but I was pretty impressed with the amount of traffic generated to my listings in one days time.
 You can see my shop, listings, and banner here KristinsIDelights .  One thing I really enjoy is the Dashboard tab which gives you a look at your site hits and also shows you where the majority of your web traffic is generated. 


The Listing process was relatively simple, you have the option to upload up to five images (no larger then 3mb per photo) as well as write your item description.  The only complaint I have currently is that there was no option to turn off shipping to specific locations.  After doing a little search I found the only way to get around shipping to countries who are notorious for poor mail handling was to set your shipping cost at $100-  But seeing as how the site offers most of it's services for free it's really hard to whine much. 

Things worth mentioning:
  You will still pay PayPal fees, since Paypal is a separate service.
 Also if you want a Custom Domain, or if you chose to participate in Super Discounts you will be charged a fee.
 Currently Custom Domain fees are $4.99 per month, and Super Discounts are $2.99 a month.

I encourage those of you interested to check it out.
If you have a shop on Storenvy I'd love to hear from you and take a look at your shop, so be sure to leave a link in the comments.


                                                             Have a Wonderful Day Xo

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to Storenvy! :) Happy that you found it easy to set up! I have been on SE since April of 2010 and love the platform - I was actually honored by getting to be one of their beta testers for the new site! :D So happy to have you on board with Storenvy and wish you much success!

    http://luanded.storenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cody! Thank you so much for welcoming me to the community. It's so nice to meet someone who has been around to see Storenvy grow. You have some cute goodies in your shop. Wishing you much success as well! Have a great evening.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Kelley! Thanks a million friend :D I'm glad you took a minute to check it out. There will be more stuff added soon. Have a great day Xo

      Delete