Monday, June 3, 2013

The Battle is Not Mine

"and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me." Psalm 50:15

"Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise."
James 5:13

"For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock." Psalm 27:5


I've had to take a few days to really step back from everything.  The bad weather, and tornadoes seemed to just keep coming and I felt so many emotions.  From Anger, to fear, to sadness.  I've been learning to praise him in the storm, to rejoice in times of trouble.  It's not always easy for me, in fact I find myself  having this same set of emotions almost  every time something really bad happens.  Maybe it's harder this time, because it's a similar circumstance ?

Whatever the reason what strikes me as somewhat comical about it all, is that just a week before the devastation our pastor did a sermon about how being a Christian is not about being "comfortable".  There is this big misconception that when you take up the cross to follow Jesus, that life will be "trouble free".  That's not the case.   "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted" 2 Timothy 3:12 
There are other verses too that talk about hardships, and I know that all of us have gone through things that were not easy.
In my own life I could not have overcome the struggles I faced on my own. 

I'm just glad that I do have someone to call on
 That I can ask him for peace
 That my hope in him reassures me that things can and will get better.

Many places are facing devastating weather, flooding, and fires.  My dear friend Erin @SweetnessItself wrote from a great perspective about the fires in California, that have been too close for comfort to her family.  If you'd like to read her post, and offer words of encouragement and prayer, I know it would be greatly appreciated.   Prayer changes things. 


We are fortunate to not have flooding where I live. The rain has made everything grow, and bloom .  My flowers are starting to bud too, so expect some photo's of those very soon.  If the weather cooperates this week I'll have some new photo's up of projects I've completed. 
 
I hope your Monday has been great, and I thank so many of you who have offered kind words and prayers. 
If your facing hardships and need prayer please be sure to leave a comment.  I would be happy to pray for you .
 
Take care until our next chat XoXo
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Great post Kristen, and it's so true. Being a Christian isn't about being comfortable, but like they say "if He brings us to it, He will bring us through it!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April :) I couldn't agree more. I appreciate you coming by and leaving encouraging words. Have a great week! xo

      Delete
  2. So true Kristin. If our faith was never tested, if we didn't have troubles then we would begin to feel as if we did not need our Savior so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Misty :) Thanks so much for coming by to visit me! xo

      Delete
  3. Kristin you always write what I need to hear! It's as if he is speaking to me through you! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maribel :) That means so much to me! It encourages me to keep sharing knowing that his lessons are helping others through me. Have a great week! xo

      Delete