Monday, July 29, 2013

What does your Fitness look like?

Happy Monday blog friends!

 Weight is something I've struggled with since I was a child ,so I wanted to share a little bit today with you all about my journey, and what I've found that works for me.
Most of us have heard, and seen all the preconceived notions of beauty in our world.  What one person thinks is beautiful, another does not. 
As a little girl I was told I was pretty often, so I never had issues with body image until around age 11. 
On a trip to the doctor for a annual check up I was informed that I was overweight for my age and height, and that I would have to lose weight.  Knowing the issues being overweight causes, I'm happy that my doctor was straight forward in his approach.  I remember the changes we made to my diet, no more soda/candy, and mandatory exercise everyday.
I started waking up at 5am every morning for 1-2 hour workouts, and I made more "healthy" choices regarding food.
I can't recall the amount of time it took me to get back to a healthy weight, but I remember being consistent through middle school and high school in my workouts.  My diet in high school was horrible though, lunches of just pretzels or carrots, and skipping meals due to lack of time and poor judgement was the norm.

Looking back now I can see my view was warped.  For me it was always more about looking like the girls in the magazines then it was about being "Healthy".  The truth is that our bodies changes as we age, the truth is that there is a lot of false information regarding the world of health and fitness.  Different things will work for different people. 
One thing I will tell you I have learned..There is no magic pill.  If you want to be "healthy" which means you will improve your strength and endurance, you have to make better choices regarding what you eat, and you have to get up and do some kind of physical exercise.
It's going to take some time to see the results, but I can tell you that if your training the right way, you will start to feel better after the first two weeks.
Are you taking vitamins?  Have you considered incorporating supplements?  Do you have a workout buddy?
All things you may want to consider if you've struggled with weight.






For exercise I am doing HIIT training 3-4 times a week, along with eating 5 times or more a day.  I am doing meal replacement/protein shakes and using a multivitamin, along with supplements.
HIIT training is guaranteed to produce results in 30 days, if done consistently with good eating.  I also encourage you to check out clean eating.  Know what is in your food. Processed ingredients, and chemicals are not good for our bodies.
Do you know that studies have shown that people who suffered from depression after changing their diets and incorporating exercise have been taken off of their meds?  Your body produces "happy" endorphins when you do physical activity. 
Don't deprive yourself of things you love, just reduce the portion size. 
 Drink plenty of water,  If your a caffeine drinker you probably aren't getting enough water. Last but not least, focus on being healthy, rather then looking a certain way.  Don't believe all the hype, do a little research, and be consistent.
If you have questions about anything please don't hesitate to ask.
 I know it's not easy, but it does not get any easier as you age.  So I encourage you to be diligent about making some changes today.

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own 1 Corinthians 6:19

What do you need to change about your eating or exercise habits?

Thanks for stopping by! XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment